Groundnut Milk is a non-dairy beverage. It is affordable and refreshing. This drink is a great way to get the nutritional benefits of groundnut without chewing it. Groundnut Milk is suitable for people of all age groups and a healthy alternative to cow milk.
- Groundnut (Unpeeled)
- Ginger (Optional)
How To Prepare
- Put the unpeeled groundnuts in a clean bowl. Pour warm to hot water on it and wait for a few minutes. If you notice that the peels have become baggy, pour out the hot water and replace with cool water.
- Rub the groundnuts between your palms and their peels will come off. When you’re done removing the peels, decant them as you would beans peel.
- Pour cool water into the bowl of peeled groundnuts and allow to soak for three hours.
- Peel the ginger, rinse and cut it into tiny bits.
- After three hours, pour the groundnuts and the ginger into a wet mill blender. Add a little water (water should be just enough to turn the blades of the blender). Blend till smooth.
- Use a cheese cloth to separate the milk from the chaff. Rinse out the chaff with a little water to ensure there’s no milk left in it.
- Pour the milk in a clean pot and cook on medium heat till it boils. Stir often so that lumps do not form
- Once it boils, allow it to cool completely.
- Transfer the Groundnut Milk to a jug or a bottle. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
N.B: The milk is best consumed fresh. Since drink is boiled, it can last for two days hence prepare only in quantity needed.
Curated from Connect Nigeria.