Honey beans pasta is good for you if you have gluten issues. If you are looking for something that doesn’t taste too beany, using strong flavors with this recipe will be a good idea. This recipe involves making the pasta from scratch.
Two different types of tomato based sauces were tried, one with palm oil and the other without palm oil. The recipe with palm oil, masked the flavor of the beans and the other didn’t.
Ingredients For Pasta
- 2 cups of Beans Flour for the dough
- 1/3 cups of Beans Flour for dusting
- 2 Medium Eggs
- A pinch of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
How To Prepare Pasta
- Heap your bean flour into a pile on a large board or on a clean counter top. Create a well in the middle of the flour. Crack your eggs into a bowl and slowly pour into the well, ensuring it doesn’t escape the middle of the flour.
- Add your olive oil as well into the well and finally your salt. Use a fork to stir the eggs and oil in the middle of the beans flour carefully. As you do this, slowly begin pulling some of the beans flour into the middle while mixing. Continue till your dough slowly starts to form. The dough may be damp in some parts and dry in others.
- Keep mixing till your dough is somewhat formed. Once this happens, using your hand or a machine to knead your dough for 10 minutes against the counter. Honey Beans flour is a little tough to knead so it will work up a sweat for the 10 minutes you are kneading.
- If the dough is sticky at any point, keep adding dusting of your beans flour, 1 teaspoon at a time. After kneading for 10 minutes, you should have a smooth but not sticky dough. Wrap it with cling film and allow to rest on your counter top for about an hour.
- When it’s rested, using a very sharp knife, cut your dough into 4 and with a rolling pin, roll out one quarter of your dough. If you have a pasta machine, this would be helpful if not, roll it thin enough that it doesn’t break. Once rolled out, cut into your desired shape and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling water, add your honey beans pasta and allow to cook for 5-7 minutes. Please taste to ensure it’s soft enough for you, strain under cold water and set aside to toss in a tomato based sauce of choice.
Ingredients For Tomato Based Sauce
- 2 Cooking Spoons of Tomato pepper blend
- 1/2 bulb of Small Onion
- A handful of fried beef
- Seasoning cubes
- A handful of Chopped scent leaves
- 1 Cooking spoon of Palm Oil
How To Prepare Tomato Sauce
- In a pan, heat up your palm oil, stir fry tour onions and tomato pepper mix.
- Season and add your fried beef.
- Finally add in your honey beans pasta, stir and finish with your scent leaves. Serve hot!
Curated from Afrolems.