Having a good face mask for your skin doesn’t have to be expensive and filled with chemicals that may be harmful to you. You can make your homemade face mask with ingredients that can be found in everyday life and are affordable.
Below are some homemade face mask recipes to try out:
1. Hydrating Banana Mask
For a soft, healthy and oil-free skin, try this banana and honey hydrating face mask.
- Organic honey
- Mash 1 fully ripe banana in a mixing bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons of organic honey and mix thoroughly.
- Steam your face with lukewarm water.
- Massage the mask into your skin, making sure to completely cover your T-zone. Leave it on your face for 20 minutes.
- Rinse the mask off with lukewarm water, and pat your skin dry with a towel.
2. Cucumber & Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe Vera hydrates, heals, and helps reverse aging process and cucumber contributes unique cooling and cleansing properties. This mask is effective in hydrating dry skin.
- Aloe vera gel
- Cut ½ of a cucumber into slices.
- Place the cucumber slices in a blender and mix until watery.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel and blend until smooth.
- Massage the paste evenly into your face and wait till the mask dries.
- After half an hour, rinse off the mask with cool water and pat your skin dry with a towel.
3. Grape Hydrating Face Mask
The weak acid in grapes acts as a gentle exfoliator that effectively removes dead skin cells. Here’s how to exfoliate and hydrate at the same time.
- 12 grapes
- Mash 12 grapes in a mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle in 1 teaspoon of flour.
- Make sure to mix well.
- After you’ve created a paste with the mashed grapes and flour, spread the mixture on your face.
- Let the mask sit for 15 minutes. If you feel any discomfort because of the acid in the grapes, remove the mask immediately.
- After 15 minutes, wash your face with lukewarm water and dry with a towel.
Curated from All She Needs Lifestyle.