Do you want your legs to remain smooth and hairless but you can’t book an appointment to the spa? We have got you covered with this DIY homemade recipe on how to make sugar wax for legs that you can make and wax yourself.
The recipe works best for softer hair, so it can be the hair on the legs, back and chest.
- 1 cup organic raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons raw local honey
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Small pan
- Soft towel
- Popsicle stick or small plastic spatula
- Small pieces of thin cotton fabric (about 1 inch by 3 inches each)
- Airtight container for storage of leftover wax
- Put the lemon juice and water in the pan on the stove and heat slowly.
- Add the honey and the sugar and stir.
- Reduce heat, continue to stir and allow the mixture to simmer until it turns smooth and golden in color.
- Once heated and well-blended, remove from heat and transfer to a heat-safe glass or stainless steel bowl.
- Wash and dry the legs to be waxed.
- Use a Popsicle stick or small spatula to apply a thin, even coating of the wax to a small area of the skin on the legs. Apply in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Place pieces of fabric over the wax firmly by rubbing and pressing down. Allow it to cool against the skin.
- Holding the skin taut, pull fabric pieces off quickly in the same direction of hair growth.
- Repeat as needed to remove unwanted hair.
- Rinse the waxed skin with warm water.
- Apply a moisturizer.
Avoid any additional exfoliation or hot water to allow the skin heal completely from the hair removal.
Refrigerate any leftover wax in an airtight container for up to four to five weeks. Reheat to use.
Curated from All She Needs Lifestyle.