Plantain pancakes are pancakes made with plantain. They are not the same as Mosa. Plantain pancake is richer than Mosa and it has milk in it.
- 1 ripe Plantain (large)
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1.5 tsp of baking powder
- 2 Tbsp of Sugar
- A pinch of Salt
- Butter or oil for frying
- In a bowl, mash your plantain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk your eggs and then add to your mashed plantain.
- Pour in your milk a little bit at a time and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix your flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and make a well.
- Slowly pour in your wet ingredients and fold into the flour. Keep pouring a bit at a time until all ingredients are combined.
- Heat up your butter or oil 1 tablespoon at a time and fry your mix, a bit at a time.
- Fry your plantain pancakes till both sides are brown but ensure you fry on low heat so it doesn’t burn your pancakes.
Serve pancakes hot with fruits or serve it savory with eggs, sausages and other breakfast items.
Curated from Afrolems.