Spinach or Ugu stir fry is a tasty, healthy and quick meal fix. It is versatile and can be served as breakfast with some scrambled eggs or just as it is, or lunch accompanying a hot rice dish and also as dinner with any accompaniment of choice.
The recipe is easy to follow and you can substitute the spinach for Kale, green amaranth, bok choy or ugu.
- 500gm Spinach/ugu/ green amaranth/kale
- 1 Onion bulb and Garlic, (chopped, sliced or minced)
- 1 tablespoonful vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground Crayfish (optional)
- 1 Stock Cube
- Dried or fresh hot pepper, to taste
- Salt to taste
- Wash and dry the vegetable of choice, press the vegetables between clean kitchen towels to dry them thoroughly. If the vegetable is wet, it will heat up and become soggy.
- Slice the dry vegetables and set aside
- Heat up oil in a saucepan until hot; add the chopped onions, garlic, peppers and ground crayfish. Stir-fry for about 10 seconds.
- Pour in the sliced vegetables, crush in the stock cube and stir-fry for a minute until the vegetable starts to soften or wilt.
- Add salt to taste and continue stir-frying for another one minute.
Serve spinach stir fry with rice, plantain, yam, potatoes or any other dish of your choice. There are lots of options.
Curated from Nigerian Food TV.