Everyone wants a beautiful and smooth face without having to expose our skin to the various chemicals and products that cost a lot of money. Some of the ingredients used to make these products can be harmful to the skin in the long run and can cause illnesses or infections. To avoid this, you can go the organic way using common foods and fruits in your home to their maximum benefits.
These home remedies are:
- Yogurt: To gently and naturally lighten your face, you can rub plain unsweetened yogurt onto your face and leave for about 30 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
- Lemon: Cut a lemon into two and rub it all over your face and neck for an even tone and wash off with tepid water.
- Honey: To lighten your face, rub raw or pure honey all over your face and leave for 30 minutes or more, then rinse off with warm water. Honey also works as a great cleansing agent for the face with its antibacterial and anti fungal properties.
- Cucumber: Apply blended cucumber paste onto your face for about 20 minutes to exfoliate and moisturize your face, then wash with normal water. This helps in keeping the skin of the face soft and lively.
- Egg: Apply egg white on your face and leave to dry and harden, then wash away with a warm and wet towel. This remedy also exfoliates and moisturizes your face.
- Orange and Turmeric: Combine two tablespoonfuls of orange juice and a pinch of powdered turmeric and apply the mixture on your face. Wash off with normal water after about 20 minutes.
- Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera is the commonest remedy used to fade and reduce scars on the face because of its cooling effect, antioxidants and skin tightening properties. Apply the pure Aloe Vera gel thoroughly on your face, it would produce visible results within a few weeks.
Curated from ConnectNigeria.