The yoghurt chicken wrap recipe is easy to make and you can substitute the vegetables for the ones you have at home to achieve this recipe. You can increase the spicy level of this recipe. It is advisable to use unsweetened plain yoghurt for this recipe. If you do not have yoghurt at home, you can soak your chicken in milk and vinegar to ensure the chicken does not come out dry.
- 1 cup of Shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup of Plain Unsweetened Yoghurt
- A handful of chopped Onions
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of Paprika (optional)
- Half teaspoon of Coriander (optional)
- A pinch of Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of Sage powder (optional)
- Half teaspoon of Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Black pepper
- A teaspoon of Salt
- Seasoning Cubes
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 cup of Shredded Cabbage (white and purple)
- 1/2 cup of Shredded Carrots
- Chilli peppers (Garnish- optional)
- Parsley (Garnish – optional)
- 1/2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of Honey
- 1/2 cup of Ketchup
- Half a cup of vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Water
- In a bowl, soak your chicken in yoghurt for 30 minutes.
- In the same bowl, add your spices and stir to combine properly.
- In a pan, heat up your oil and stir fry your chopped garlic and onions and toss in the seasoned chicken.
- Stir fry on high heat for 1 minute and reduce the heat and allow the chicken to cook for 5 – 7 minutes on low heat or till chicken is ready.
- In a bowl of the water and vinegar, soak your cabbage and carrots. If you are using purple cabbage, soak that separately for about 10 minutes.
- Strain your vegetables in a paper towel and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix your mayonnaise, honey and ketchup and set aside.
- To assemble, smear your flatbread with the sweetened mayonnaise mix.
- Add your vegetables, chicken and a little bit more sauce.
- Garnish with your chilli peppers and parsley.
Curated from Afrolems.