Ayamase Pasta is a delicious recipe made with bleached palm oil. The flavor characterizes Nigerian soul food.
- 2 Cups Pasta (Macaroni, Spaghetti)
- 1/2 cup of Chopped Seasoned Chicken Breast
- 1.5 Cooking Spoons of Palm Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1/4 Bulb of Onion
- 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- 1/3 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1-2 Seasoning Cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon of Corn Flour
- 1 Tablespoon of Chopped Scent Leaf
How To Prepare
- In a pan, heat up vegetable oil and stir fry the chicken breast till cooked and set aside.
- In a pot, heat up water and bring pasta to boil till soft. Rinse in cold water and set aside.
- In a pot, heat up palm oil on low heat with the pot covered till translucent. It should look like vegetable oil once it’s bleached.
- Increase the heat and toss in your onions and stir fry.
- Add the scotch bonnet pepper, chicken and chicken stock and allow to reduce on medium heat.
- Sprinkle the corn flour in the pot and stir till slightly thick then toss in the pasta.
- Stir, season and add the chopped scent leaf and serve hot.