Lafun also called White Amala is Nigerian swallow made with Cassava flour. It is eaten with soups like Ewedu, Okro Soup, Efo Riro and other delicious Nigerian soups.
The flour used for Lafun is white in color and it is derived from cassava. The cassava is processed, dried and blended to a powdery form to make cassava flour. The cassava flour contains resistant starch which benefits the digestive tract, reduces bloating and inflammation and aids good digestion.
How To Prepare Lafun (White Amala)
Preparation of Lafun is pretty easy, it take about 5 minute to prepare a pot of Lafun. Just follow the steps below.
- 2 Cups Cassava Flour
- 4 Cups Water
- Cooking Pot
- Wooden Stirring Spoon
- Sieve the cassava flour into a bowl.
- Boil water in a pot. Add in the cassava flour into the boiling pot of water.
- Stir till cassava flour is all mixed.
- Add 1/2 cup of hot water and allow to steam for 2 minutes.
- Stir until the Lafun is smooth and lump free.
Serve Lafun with soup of choice like Ewedu, Okro soup, Turkey stew, Efo riro, Egusi soup, etc. The recipe above can serve four people.
Original story from K’s Cuisine.