Miyan Kubewa is a northwestern soup delicacy from Kaduna. Miyan Kubewa is the northern version of Okro soup. The soup has a rich flavor and is heartwarming delicious. It can be prepared with fresh or dried okro, and with or without vegetables. Vegetable such as uziza leaf or bitter leaf can be used in making the soup.
- Vegetable of your choice
- Assorted Meat
- Dry Fish
- Palm Oil
- Fresh Pepper
- Locust Beans
- Seasoning Cubes
- Place meat in a pot, season with salt and seasoning cube, add some sliced onions and a little water. Boil over medium heat until soft. Wash dry fish and set aside.
- Slice onions, blend/grind the pepper, ginger and locust beans.
- Put palm oil in a pot over medium heat, when hot, add sliced onions. Fry until quite dry.
- Add meat stock, meat, dry fish, and the the blended pepper, ginger and locust beans. Add seasoning cubes.Bring to a boil, cook for 15 minutes stirring from time to time.
- Taste and add salt. Sprinkle in okro and vegetable while stirring and cook for 3-5 minutes until ready.
Enjoy delicioue Miyan kubewa with Tuwo Shinkafa or any swallow of your choice.
Curated from ConnectNigeria.