Tiger nut milk is one of the tastiest and most delicious drink that is made in Nigeria. It is a popular drink from Northern Nigeria it’s called “Kunun Aya”.
Tiger nut milk has lots of benefits such as:
- Tiger nuts contain more than 15 different elements and nutrients including fiber, calcium, potassium, Zinc, Iron, and Vitamins. Fiber is good for an easy bowel movement and may help with food digestion and also prevent constipation in kids and adults.
- This milk has been used historically to boost libido and increase sperm count. It acts and a natural aphrodisiac.
- Certain researchers were able to ascertain that tiger nut extract was capable of fighting some harmful bacteria in the human body. Hence, drinking this milk helps your immune system and ultimately helps in establishing a defense against bacteria like E.coli, staphylococcus and Salmonella Ty-phi.
There is just so much you can do with these nuts, you can choose to eat them as they come, combine them with dates to make a delicious milk drink or make tiger nut flour out of them and use the flour for bread, cookies and other foods. Below is the recipe for the Tiger nut Milk:
- 4 cups Tiger Nuts
- 10 dates
- 1500 ml of water
- You will need four cups of tiger nuts. If it is dried you need to soak it in clean water for 36 hours before blending it.
- Crack the dates to remove the seeds.
- Blend the nuts and dates together. You can blend in batches if you are using a blender.
- Strain using a handkerchief.
- Serve chilled.
Curated from All Nigerian Foods.